Scott A. Eaton’s practice includes sports & entertainment law, privileged licensing, and transactional work. Mr. Eaton assists clients in various matters related to the sports, entertainment, and leisure industry. He works with clients on both an individual and an organization level. His practice area involves advising clients on business arrangements, including service engagements, agency agreements, promotional and sponsorship matters, and in working with government agencies to secure desired licenses, permits, and other approvals for projects.
In Nevada, Mr. Eaton’s work with government agencies have been focused in the area of liquor and gaming control law, as well as in the land use entitlement process for the development of various types of commercial business ventures. He is a contributing author to Nevada Gaming Law and has also served as editor and/or author of legal writing appearing in periodicals or firm publications.
Mr. Eaton’s strong business background and personal passion for motorsports drew him to this area of law and serves his clients well. Mr. Eaton was selected by the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce to participate in their Focus Las Vegas program for local leaders and was named one of southern Nevada’s “Top Businesspeople Under 40” by In Business Las Vegas. Mr. Eaton was named a “Rising Star” by the prestigious Super Lawyers publication. Prior to joining Bailey Kennedy, Mr. Eaton was with Nevada’s largest law firm, Lionel Sawyer & Collins. Mr. Eaton also worked as a law clerk for Hilton Hotels Corporation, primarily in the area of international resort development, and also spent eight years working in various capacities with the Walt Disney Company. He is active in his community and volunteers his time with charitable organizations.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Lionel Sawyer & Collins (June 1998-December 2003)
- Law Clerk, Hilton Hotels Corporation (1996-1997)
- Theme Park Operations, The Walt Disney Company (1987-1995)
Professional and Civic Involvement
- State Bar of Nevada (Business Law Section, Administrative Law Section, Gaming Law Section)
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., (graduating in the top 15% of his class) 1998
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A. Business Administration, with an emphasis in Business Management (graduating with highest honors), Beta Gamma Sigma 1995
- State Bar of Nevada, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 1998