Andrea M. Champion practices primarily in the areas of complex civil litigation, class action litigation, and appellate advocacy, including disputes involving commercial and corporate law, business torts, and partnerships. She also represents clients in matters involving employment disputes, including discrimination claims and wrongful termination claims.
Representative Litigation Matters
- Represented a large Japanese gaming manufacturer, and owner, in a breach of fiduciary duty and declaratory relief case that involved the redemption of the client’s shares from a Las Vegas casino.
- Represented an ambulance company in a wrongful termination and violation of public policy case for the termination of a former flight crew member, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented a casino in a professional negligence case against an environmental engineering company, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented an agricultural company, incorporated in the State of Nevada, in a breach of contract action brought by a former employee and distributor for wrongful termination, intentional interference with contracts, and tortious interference with contracts, and prospective interference claims, which resulted in a favorable ruling for the client after a trial on the merits.
Representative Pro Bono Matters
- Represented a man imprisoned in the Nevada Department of Corrections in a deliberate indifference to the man’s serious medical needs matter which resulted in a favorable settlement to the client, including an payment for the man’s pain and suffering.
- Represented a non-profit museum in Clark County in a discrimination matter.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Holland & Hart (October 2014 – February 2018)
- Appellate Attorney, Clark County District Attorney’s Office (September 2013 – September 2014)
- Restoring Honor and Avoiding Bloodshed with the Federal Rules, Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association (March 2017)
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite, Commercial Litigation and Appellate, 2017
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Senior Articles Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (2011-2013)
- University of California at Irvine, B.A., 2006
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of Illinois