Joseph Liebman is proficient at navigating the complicated arena of real estate litigation. Whether involving a commercial lease dispute, development and construction issues, lending concerns, or collateral enforcement, Joseph has vast experience with creatively litigating and successfully resolving the various issues that may face real estate developers, brokers, lenders, borrowers, and guarantors. Joseph’s peers have routinely acknowledged his litigation success by recognizing him as a Mountain States Super Lawyers Honoree and a member of Nevada Business Magazine’s Legal Elite. Joseph has also expanded his practice beyond real estate litigation, and effectively litigates partnership and limited liability company disputes, product liability cases, professional liability cases, and health care matters. Joseph was also recently recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a State Litigation Star in the areas of product liability, healthcare, and professional liability.
- Lead trial counsel in an adversary proceeding for a mortgage broker/equity lender involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty with respect to twenty-six loans.
- Lead trial counsel for the plaintiff in a breach of contract action involving competitive bidding and the purchase and sale of approximately $681,000,000 of charged-off health care receivables.
- Represented lessors/lessees in various commercial lease disputes.
- Represented the plaintiffs in a breach of contract action regarding the purchase and sale of four local gaming taverns and corresponding real property.
- Represented an attorney in a complex partnership dispute involving dissolution of a law firm.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in defense of various product liability claims.
- Represented a tobacco company in defense of various product liability claims.
- Represented shareholders in various derivative and direct actions.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, John H. Cotton & Associates (May 2006-May 2008)
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- The Fee Dispute Committee Ruled Against Me! What Now? Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association (December 2017)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, Nevada (2015-2017); in Product Liability (2018); in Product Liability, Healthcare, and Professional Liability (2019-2020)
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite, 2014 (Top Attorneys), 2016 (Top Attorneys)
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude (Top 10%), 2006
- Editorial Staff, “Gonzaga Journal of International Law”
- Gonzaga Admiralty Moot Court Team, Spring 2005, Spring 2006
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable John Rossmeissl, Chief Bankruptcy Judge for the United States Bankruptcy Court in Spokane, Washington.
- Recipient, CALI Award, Creditor’s Rights, Fall 2005
- Recipient, CALI Award, Community Property, Fall 2005
- Northern Arizona University, B.S. in Business Administration, Emphasis in Finance 2001.
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada