Whether it is helping clients as diverse as real estate developers, brokers, lenders, borrowers, and guarantors with issues involving a commercial lease dispute, development and construction issues, lending concerns, or collateral enforcement, Joseph Liebman utilizes his substantial experience and vast legal toolbox in creatively litigating and successfully resolving complicated real estate litigation for the benefit of his clients. Moreover, Mr. Liebman has expanded his practice and effectively litigates partnership and limited liability company disputes, product liability cases, professional liability cases, and health care matters.
Mr. Liebman has been consistently ranked as a Mountain States Super Lawyer and was recently recognized by his peers in conjunction with Best Lawyers in the commercial litigation arena. He has also been recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a State Litigation Star in the areas of product liability, healthcare, and professional liability. Mr. Liebman is also a member of the Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP). Prior to coming to Bailey Kennedy, Mr. Liebman served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable John Rossmeissl, Chief Bankruptcy Judge for the United States Bankruptcy Court in Spokane, Washington.
- Lead trial counsel in an adversary proceeding for a mortgage broker/equity lender involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty with respect to twenty-six loans.
- Lead trial counsel for the plaintiff in a breach of contract action involving competitive bidding and the purchase and sale of approximately $681,000,000 of charged-off health care receivables.
- Represented lessors/lessees in various commercial lease disputes.
- Represented the plaintiffs in a breach of contract action regarding the purchase and sale of four local gaming taverns and corresponding real property.
- Represented an attorney in a complex partnership dispute involving dissolution of a law firm.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in defense of various product liability claims.
- Represented a tobacco company in defense of various product liability claims.
- Represented shareholders in various derivative and direct actions.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
Articles, Publications, and Lectures
- The Fee Dispute Committee Ruled Against Me! What Now? Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association (December 2017)
- Editorial Staff, “Gonzaga Journal of International Law”
- Mountain States Super Lawyers since 2017
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, Nevada (2015-2017); in Product Liability (2018); in Product Liability, Healthcare, and Professional Liability (since 2019)
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite, 2014 (Top Attorneys), 2016 (Top Attorneys)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation since 2021
- Recipient, CALI Award, Creditor’s Rights, Fall 2005
- Recipient, CALI Award, Community Property, Fall 2005
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude (Top 10%), 2006
- Northern Arizona University, B.S. in Business Administration, Emphasis in Finance 2001.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada