Mark H. Goldstein
Mark H. Goldstein has practiced real estate, business, and corporate law in Las Vegas, Nevada for nearly 40 years where he concentrates on property and development issues for an array of clients, including, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability corporations. Mr. Goldstein has assisted clients in the acquisition, development, and disposition of projects such as planned residential communities, electrical power plants, chemical facilities, hotels, resorts, and medical facilities. He has been described by Chambers USA® as ‘a meticulously good drafter…respected by peers for his skill in acquisitions and development matters.”
Early in his career, Mr. Goldstein participated in several municipal bond transactions, including the Southern California Edison Company Project, Clark County, Nevada; Adjustable Tender Pollution Control Revenue Bonds, Series 1987A and 1988A; and California Health Facilities Financing Authority Insured Health Facility Revenue Bonds. At that time, he was appointed to the Clark County School District Bond Oversight Committee. In addition to his daily practice, Mr. Goldstein has written Nevada legislation concerning regulation of financial institutions, and corporate and governmental finance and has written reports and testified as an expert witness in matters concerning business and corporate law. Mr. Goldstein holds a Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ of AV Preeminent® (5.0-5.0), the highest possible rating.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Former Member, Clark County School District’s Bond Issue Oversight Committee
Areas of Practice
Articles, Publications, and Lectures
- Noted by The American Lawyer for leading the largest share junk bond issues in the United States
- Noted in The Nevada Business Journal for his leadership in representation of hospitals
- Noted in Lexpert, The Business Magazine For Lawyers for his work for Fireworks Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CanWest Entertainment Inc., in the securing of a $172 million stand-alone corporate credit facility from a syndicate led by Comerica Bank-California.
- Law Review Article: “County as a Merchant Under the UCC,” Wisconsin Law Review
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ of AV Preeminent® (5.0-5.0)
- Recognized by Super Lawyers, Mountain States
- Listed by the Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Nevada
- Named Best Lawyers® Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” in Las Vegas.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D., 1981
- Editor, Wisconsin Law Review, 1980-1981
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.B.A., cum laude, 1978
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Nevada, 1982
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1981