Paul C. Williams practices primarily in the area of complex commercial litigation, class action litigation, and appellate advocacy, including disputes involving commercial and corporate law, business torts, and healthcare law. He also represents clients in matters involving professional responsibility and legal ethics, including discipline defense and attorney disqualification.
- Represented a local municipality in a fraud action against a land developer and his representatives over a failed real estate transaction, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Defended a well-regarded law firm in a legal malpractice action brought by two former clients of the firm, which resulted in a dismissal of the claims on summary judgment and award of attorneys’ fees and costs for the clients.
- Represented popular restaurateurs from Southern California in a breach of contract and civil conspiracy action against the owners and operators of a local hotel and casino over the closing of a restaurant, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defended local physician in an action brought by physician’s former practice group over a covenant not to compete, which resulted in the denial of injunctive relief and a favorable non-monetary settlement for the client.
- Defended local hospital in an action brought by a physician whose privileges were suspended, which resulted in a favorable non-monetary settlement for client.
- Represented mother on pro bono basis in a custody dispute where father refused to let client see children, which resulted in client receiving primary physical custody of the children.
- Defended independent contractor in breach of contract and fraud action brought by former employer, which resulted in dismissal of claims with prejudice.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Vice President, Board of Trustees, Family Promise of Las Vegas
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2011
- Articles Editor, Nevada Law Journal 2010-11
- Author, Court-Annexed Arbitration and Nevada’s Unique Penalty Provisions: Introducing an Arbitrator’s Findings at a Trial De Novo, 11 Nev. L.J. 282 (2010)
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Donald M. Mosley, Department 14, Eighth Judicial District Court, Summer 2009
- Recipient, CALI Awards, Property I, Civil Procedure/ADR II, Evidence, Conflict of Laws, and Trial Advocacy
- Weber State University, B.S. in Sociology and Criminal Justice, Summa Cum Laude, 2005
- State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada