Paul C. Williams helps clients navigate complex commercial, healthcare, and class action litigation. His clients range from small business owners, physicians, and small medical practices, all the way to Fortune 500 companies. He works with clients to develop and implement strategies to combat difficult legal issues.
Paul’s primary areas of practice are healthcare and commercial law. He represents healthcare providers in legal disputes, which are often compounded by extensive regulations and oversight. He also regularly helps businesses in breach of contract, fraud, and intentional interference disputes. He has represented numerous physicians, medical providers, and businesses in negotiating, drafting, and litigating non-competition agreements.
Paul is proud to be Battle Born (a native Nevadan) and enjoys serving the Las Vegas community. He serves on the Alumni Association Board of Directors for the William S. Boyd School of Law (UNLV). He previously served as the Vice President of the Board of Trustees for Family Promise of Las Vegas, a non-profit devoted to helping at-risk and homeless families. Paul also enjoys coaching Little League baseball and youth hockey.
- Represented a local municipality in a fraud action against a land developer and his representatives over a failed real estate transaction, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Defended a well-regarded law firm in a legal malpractice action brought by two former clients of the firm, which resulted in a dismissal of the claims on summary judgment and award of attorneys’ fees and costs for the clients.
- Represented popular restaurateurs from Southern California in a breach of contract and civil conspiracy action against the owners and operators of a local hotel and casino over the closing of a restaurant, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defended local physician in an action brought by physician’s former practice group over a covenant not to compete, which resulted in the denial of injunctive relief and a favorable non-monetary settlement for the client.
- Defended local hospital in an action brought by a physician whose privileges were suspended, which resulted in a favorable non-monetary settlement for client.
- Represented mother on pro bono basis in a custody dispute where father refused to let client see children, which resulted in client receiving primary physical custody of the children.
- Defended independent contractor in breach of contract and fraud action brought by former employer, which resulted in dismissal of claims with prejudice.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Vice President, Board of Trustees, Family Promise of Las Vegas
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
Articles, Publications, and Lectures
- Articles Editor, Nevada Law Journal 2010-11
- Author, Court-Annexed Arbitration and Nevada’s Unique Penalty Provisions: Introducing an Arbitrator’s Findings at a Trial De Novo, 11 Nev. L.J. 282 (2010)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2015
- Recipient, CALI Awards, Property I, Civil Procedure/ADR II, Evidence, Conflict of Laws, and Trial Advocacy
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2011
- Weber State University, B.S. in Sociology and Criminal Justice, Summa Cum Laude, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada